Friday, February 20, 2009

This weekend is going to be the one that works!



I have been spinning my wheels but no more!




This year has not started out well for health and wellness in our family. We have had chicken pox - then a mysterious virus that couldn't be identified - now DD has a chest cold and DS has a fever and can't eat with headaches. MAN!
Ok - so it could be worse...
With all of this I have missed a few days of work and become behind in my housework etc etc etc. So now, this weekend - I will get it all done. How? Don't know yet. But I am determined to go to work on Monday am completely in charge of the world. Well, my world anyway.

I will try and post a few updates here - but if I don't get to it, you will know why.
When I sit down at night to rest - I am going to work on this guy.

In the world of Flylady they call this a Control Journal. Except this one ain't pretty. I think that's why I don't love it and want it out in the public eye - so it goes out of sight and then out of mind. It is meant to hold all of your important paperwork. Contact info - schedules, menus, lists, stamps, bills (except we always pay online as soon as they arrive to get them out of the way), school lists etc etc.

For a long time, I had it going strong - but I have let it go. I am going to get it going again. And I want to make it pretty... Then maybe I will leave it out where it can be seen and used. We'll see how it goes. No pressure...

If I get it all set-up I will let you know and get some pics for you. I did find some cool things in it when I opened it up last week - like an article about my parents from the local paper regarding adopting older dogs (Good Ole Uncle Bogey). Sorta fun to browse through my life circa 2006ish.

Do you have one? What's in yours?

Just 'cause I love y'all... here's a recipe for you! Nice warm wintery soup for you and yours...





4 comments:

Kate's Life said...

Sorry to hear about Rui! We have had something similar and it is awful!!! I am in the same boat this weekend- the house is lying in ruins around me! Good luck! I have great faith in you!!!

Pamela said...

go get'em Kim! You can do it. Sending healthy vibes your way...

Regan said...

oh I hear on the sickness front....blah, thsi winter has been BRUTAL!!!

That soup sounds yummy!

jenn said...

sending healthy vibes.

I have a binder like that too. I was doing GREAT with it, but it has fallen wayside here as well.