Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rain and smells and random ramblings


If all of the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops
Oh what a rain it would be...
I would stand outside with my mouth open wide - ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah

I love that song. Great one for the shower...

Ok... other than money... and chocolate because I think those are fairly obvious - what do you wish was falling from the sky right now instead of rain?

Come on - something great. What is it for you?
I myself do love really crunchy red seedless grapes (freshly washed of course and nice and cold)
And dill pickle chips are fab although kind of sharp falling down maybe.
Green olives. Yum!
Pickled beets too. Imagine the mess though. We would look like the movie Carrie! Ick!

Speaking of a mess - we have a dog. She's kind of a pain in the ass, if you know what I mean. And she smells bad right now. (Long story - I did just bath her though - she has "issues")

And when I look longing out into the rain of my backyard, I do really love a good rain, all I can see is her poop. There I have said it. And I will admit, I have looked through the fence at the neighbour's yard to make sure that she has poop all over hers too and she does. Which makes me feel a lot better about our dog poop, if there is any good feelings about it to be had.

I did spare you all by not photographing it for you and posting it here. No need to thank me. I can just feel the loving thanks coming through the net as you read this. (Seriously - there really is a lot of it out there).

Have you ever called a Dr. Poop or Doggie Doo-doo service? We haven't but our neighbour has. Just wondering if you thought it was worthwhile - that's all. I usually just wait until we have had a few dry days strung together, you can imagine why I would do that, and then I rake it all into the shovel and into the garbahgio. I am sure there is a lovely, more eco-way of dealing with it, but I don't know what it is. If you've got a suggestion, I am opening to hearing it for about another week or so. Then I will just go out and deal with it.

I hope it storms tonight - I LOVE that.

(Great pic above courtesy of some random website I found when I googled "rain image" - called The Firefly Forest - kudos!)

1 comment:

KathyP said...

I would like it to rain jelly beans...that would be fun ! Messy tho...As for the doggie doo...I have never hired the service but it seems reasonable. However, if you pick the right day, put your ipod on and have the right tools, it's not so bad. One or two hours at most. For medium to large dogs I recommend a fan rake, light weight snow shovel and a garbage can lined with a green garbage bag for depositing the doodoo.